You Need To Check This Blog Out

http://yourlifespelledout.blogspot.com/

Friday, March 20, 2009

What did you put in your mind this morning?

Below is one of my favorite writing of Max Lucado. I so enjoy his work. I read it today and was immediately convicted to live this way..one day at a time.

It was a very positive thing to read..I wonder how I would have felt if I had started my day reading the newspaper instead...instead of thinking about what I could do today to make a difference I may have been think about how angry I am about the AIG news or I could have been thinking about the young man that was just sentenced to life in prison for shaking his baby to death...NOT THE WAY I WANT TO START MY DAY. NOT THE THINGS I WANT TO DWELL ON BEFORE MY DAY EVEN BEGINS. As we finish talking about What we put into our minds (television,reading and music) let's really THINK about what we are feeding our soul.

I would love for you to post any feeling that you have about what we have been coviering or about the writing below from Max. Remember that everyone that post on the blog between the 15th and the 31st will go into a drawing for a journal and a paper crafting give away.

The winner from yesterday's one day Random Act of Kindess Drawing is Jan. Please email me at smsummerville@hotmail.com your address and I will get your surprise into the mail on Friday.



Today I will Make a Difference

Today I will make a difference.

I will begin by controlling my thoughts.

A person is the product of his thoughts.

I want to be happy and hopeful.

Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful.

I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances.

I will not let petty inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters.

I will avoid negativism and gossip.

Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark.

Today I will make a difference.

I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me.

Time is a precious commodity.

I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom.

I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant.

I will drink each minute as though it is my last.

When tomorrow comes, today will be gone forever.

While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving.

Today I will make a difference.

I will not let past failures haunt me.

Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures.

I will admit them. I will correct them.

I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It's OK to stumble...

I will get up. It's OK to fail... I will rise again.

Today I will make a difference.

I will spend time with those I love.

My spouse, my children, my family.

A man can own the world but be poor for the lack of love.

A man can own nothing and yet be wealthy in relationships.

Today I will spend at least five minutes with the significant people in my world.

Five quality minutes of talking or hugging or thanking or listening.

Five undiluted minutes with my mate, children, and friends.

Today I will make a difference.


HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY??





2 comments:

  1. I found this blog through Staci's today and boy did I need this!! I love what Max wrote...it puts every single thing in perspective. Today the first thing that was put into my mind was something that made me angry all day that I heard on the news. It really dampened my mood today and I am sad to have wasted such a glorious day. Thank you for reminding me to put things in perspective!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I decided I would spend a whole hour NOT COMPLAINING while taking walk with my husband...and it's made our day a delight! I put positive thoughts in my mind before even leaving the bed. :)

    ReplyDelete