You Need To Check This Blog Out

http://yourlifespelledout.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Simplifying our lives..Step One

In our quest to simplify our lives we looked at the clutter in our lives. We have made a list of the areas that we want to rid our lives of clutter and we know that doing this is one of the first steps to simplifying. We chose not to live chaotically. In my house, the biggest source of clutter and chaos for me is found in my office. So this is the area which I choose to tackle first. I will work on my office one half hour each day until it is finished. This is an amount of time I can honestly dedicate knowing that even with a full schedule I can accomplish this goal.After I am finished I will share my progress and move on to the next area on my list. What about you? Where are you going to start?

Let's also talk about what we are going to do with the items that we choose to get rid of.
I will be doing four things with mine. I will donate to a thrift store that gives all the money it brings in to missionaries, I will donate to our local homeless shelter, I will sell some of the items on ebay and I will be blessing many people with some of my items including many RAK's right here on the blog.

Tell me what area of your life is the first area you will concentrate on decluttering.
Tell me what you will do with the items you decide to get rid of. Everyone that post will be put in a drawing for a book of your choice from the recommended list (see below)and a beautiful journal.

Recommended Reading :

1. Margin by Richard Swenson
2. Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern
3. Eliminate Chaos by Larua Leist
4. Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley
5. Body Clutter by Marla Cilley

2 comments:

  1. I think I would like to begin with the scrappy stuff that I have already decided that I didn't want.
    I will take out things that I feel like I can sell, and probably either sell them on craigslist or ebay...

    And then I would like to tackle the huge mess I made in the living room. Which has been like this for like the past month. I feel terrible about it, because we live with other people... room mates. But she never says anything... She must think I am a piggert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My de-clutter task is to clean out my storage building. Extra's not needed will go to either my yard sale bin or to Goodwill. I will try NOT to shop at Goodwill while I am there. Better yet, my husband will drop off the Goodwill stuff!

    ReplyDelete