You Need To Check This Blog Out

http://yourlifespelledout.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beauty Is ...

My daughters and I are huge fans of Audrey Hepburn. I am working on scrapbook albums for each of them and found this poem about beauty that Audrey wrote when she was asked to share her "beauty tips" and am currently working on pages that incorporate it. This poem was read at her funeral.

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands;

one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

What a clear vision of beauty she had! Have any "beauty tips" you would like to share? I would love to hear them!

Our Blog SPOTLIGHT today belongs to Keely Yowler. You can find Kelley's work in the upcoming issue of Altered Art. She has been published in numerous magazines. She is currently on the designs teams of Queen Kat Designs, Simply Renee Inc.,Kiki Art and Scrap Tiffany . Her scrap book pages and art is AMAZING. I thoroughly enjoyed taking a journey through her blog and I know you will to.

You can find her here http://www.keelyy.blogspot.com/

I will be featuring a new blog that I think you will LOVE each day here AND on YOUR LIFE SPELLED OUT http://yourlifespelledout.blogspot.com/ . Would you like to share your blog with others? Post a comment with your blog address and I will stop by.

Would you like to have YOUR BLOG featured? If so drop me a comment and give me the address of your blog and I will come for a visit.

Remember all that comment will be entered into a drawing for a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble or Archivers (Your Choice) at the end of this month. The other way to enter is to visit Your BLOOM and leave a comment there (you must mention that you read about the give away here)!


See you Friday!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. There is a book you must get. It is called "What would Audrey do?" I gave it as a gift to a dear friend of mine. I thought it was a great concept because I love Audrey also. She adored the gift, of course!
    Please enter me in your drawing! I so love drawings!! lol.

    ReplyDelete