You Need To Check This Blog Out

http://yourlifespelledout.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Simple Approach

On April 15th I will hold the drawing for the last two gifts to be given away during the series on Saving Money and budgeting. I will also list all of the rest of the resources I have on budgeting and saving money. This series has not been very popular with the masses so I will close it on the 15th instead of the 30 as originally planned. I will be starting a brand new series on the 16th. Stop back in to check it out.

Remember to qualify for the drawing you need only to leave a comment or a prayer request.

The following is my gift to you today. It helped me through this day. I pray it does the same for you.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.
Matthew 11:28-30

One of the definitions of simple is "easy." With that in mind, take a look at Jesus' words in the passage above. Notice how often the words "ease" and "easy" appear.

First of all, Jesus said, "Learn of Me." I believe He meant, "Learn how I handle situations and people. Learn what My response would be to any given circumstance and follow My ways." Jesus was not stressed out or burned out. He was not controlled by circumstances and by the demands of other people. In John 14:6, He said, "I am the Way." His way is the right way—the way that will lead us into righteousness, peace, and joy.

Remember that in John 15:11 Jesus prayed that His enjoyment would fill our souls. That is not going to happen unless we learn a different approach to life and its many different circumstances. I could write about various things that we need to simplify, and the list would be endless. But if we can learn to have the simple approach to everything, that is far better than learning to be simple in some things.

No matter what you face, if you will ask yourself what the simple approach would be, I believe you will be amazed at the creative ideas you will have. The Holy One lives in you; and although He is awesomely powerful, He is also awesomely simple. The Holy Spirit will teach you simplicity if you truly wish to learn.


From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2007 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment